Learn the hottest textile
technique called Eco Printing!
Print plants and leaves on to silk and wool fabric.
Add Natural Dyes to enrich the prints.
Next course series begins
July 25 - Aug 20
Successful Eco Printing with Plants – Part 1
---Fundamentals for creating beautiful plant prints on silk.
Printing with plants onto fabric is a contact printing process. It is amazingly fun once you know the process.
- No experience required for this entry level course and is for anyone wanting to learn how to make successful Eco Prints.
- In this web based course, you will be taken step by step as you learn about plants, fabrics, tools, and processing methods. A generous resource list is provided. Understanding the tools of the trade are essential as you transform the plants found in Nature to beautiful prints on fabric.
- Your learning begins with printing on silk because it is the easiest in which to develop core skills while understanding process.
- You will find the weekly work-along approach helps to cement the concepts and the information. There are numerous tips and tricks are shared that give spectacular results.
- With this web based course, you will have feedback from your classmates and instructor via a private social media group.
- There will be a weekly 30 minute webinar to discuss results and how improvements can be made. This supportive interaction helps you achieve success in a few short weeks!
- This course builds the necessary skills to advance to more complex processes.
Get Started Making Awesome Prints!
Available June 13 - July 5
Successful Eco Printing with Plants -Part 2
---Solutions and Strategies for crisp prints on silk and wool
The Eco Printing journey continues in this 4 week course as we look at how to make more complex prints with plants.
Silk and wool felt are the chosen fabrics for this course. This course is designed for those who have a good understanding of the Eco Printing process and are ready to advance. Here is a look at what will be covered.
- Use an onion skin bath that will enhance your work as we make defined borders.
- You will understand how to get defined results on fine fabrics such as silk organza. And how to how to print multiple fabrics in one bundle.
- The iron blanket method for crisp definition of prints is a focus in this course.
- An alternative bundling technique is presented as means of ergonomics.
- A special section will be devoted to printing on wool felt.
- During this course, the weekly 30 minute webinars will continue as a means of supporting your work while being part of a fiber community.
- Enjoy a generous tips and techniques segments that will further grow your skills. Your artistic voice will soar!
So Let's Get Started!
Save $75 with the purchase of Part 1 and 2
(payment plan available)
Available June 26 - July 22
Eco Printing, Natural Dyes and Surface Design
---Creating beautiful fabrics with natural dyes and plant prints.
Expand your Eco Printing skills with the addition of Natural Dye Extracts. Combining Natural Dye Extract and Eco Printing with plants creates very unique-to-you fabric.
- This course is for accomplished printers who are ready to add new skills and color to their work.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to incorporate your previously learned Eco Printing skills into a broader range of artistry.
- During this 4 week course you learn how to properly mordant cotton and silk fabrics in preparation for natural dyeing.
- Explore the technique of solid shade dyeing of fabrics that have soothing color pallet with exquisite harmony.
- You will then learn how to discharge the naturally dyed fabrics with plants and print paste. Numerous surface design techniques will be shared that enhance the cloth. Watch your fabric come to life before your eyes!
- This course allows you to express your artistic self easily.
- Finally, we will incorporate Eco Printing to further enhance our fabrics.
- The weekly 30 minute webinars will continue as a means of supporting your work, process and skills.
Let the colorful journey begin!
Save $50 with product code naturaldyefun